Sun Life Financial Tank Inspection
CommTank conducted a tank and fuel inspection of one 4,000-gallon and three 330-gallon aboveground storage tanks (ASTs) at the Sun Life Financials facility in Wellesley Hills, MA.
Aboveground Storage Tank Inspection STI SP001
- Reviewed previous inspection reports
- Performed overall visual appearance inspection
- Inspected for localized defects
- Performed a walk around inspection to identify damage to the tanks
- Inspected piping, connections and fittings
- Verified the Omntec leak detection equipment was operating properly
- Performed an ultrasonic thickness test using GE Panametrics Model 37DPIUS Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
CommTank provided a written Outcome Report that included the following information:
- A written summary and recommendation based on the inspection results
- The recommended date for the next inspection, based on the
- deterioration rate calculated
- Photos of interior and exterior of tank
CommTank technicians conducted a fuel inspection in accordance with ASTM 04176-04(2W9). Two test methods were used to estimate the presence of suspended free water and solid particulate contamination in the diesel tanks.
- Placed approximately 900 ML of fuel into a clean glass -I-L jar.
- Examined fuel for clarity (placed a standard bar chart behind the sample and compared its visual appearance with the standard haze rating photos).
- Swirled sample and examined for visual sediment or water droplets below the vortex.
- Provided inspection report.
The individual sample qualities were reported as follows:
- Clear and Bright - Pass
- Free Water - Pass (absent)
- Particulates - Pass (absent)
The report included the numerical rating of the sample and a noted whether particles or water droplets were found in the bottom of the sample container.