Oil Spill Response Bedford Ma
This project reflects the services provided by CommTank on the evening of November 16, 2011, in response to an emergency spill of #2 fuel oil on Springs Road, Bedford, MA.
- Pump out one 330-gallon aboveground storage tank (AST) and miscellaneous containers.
- Remove AST tank and miscellaneous piping.
- Absorb oil on floor with speedy-dry and absorbent pads.
- Install one negative air machine to remove fuel vapors.
- Install temporary fuel tank, fuel lines and prime system.
- Remove one drum of oily absorbent materials.
CommTank set up a containment area using 6 mil polyethylene sheeting over the area of the spill. One negative air machine was installed in the basement and vented outside the residence to maintain air quality within the building. A temporary 275-gallon tank with secondary containment was set up outside the building to supply fuel to the furnace.
Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection requested that CommTank perform a subsurface investigation.
- Install three soil borings