Safety and Licenses
As the old saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Ensuring safety in the workplace is important to us. A safe work environment is not only important for keeping our employees safe, but also the equipment and property they are working on. Our field staff attends safety training and is tested and re-certified every year.
To create a safe workplace we mandate the following in-house training programs:
- Workplace safety
- 40-Hour OSHA Hazwoper & Confined Space Entry
- OSHA 10/30 Hour Outreach Training Program for the Construction Industry
Training programs aren't the only steps we take. We also provide our supervisors, team leaders, and managers the practical skills that are not usually included in most educational programs. By meeting weekly with our crews, we talk about work safety issues and discuss new approaches to perform the tasks safely and efficiently. Our safety officer spot checks our field staff to ensure all practices are being adhered to.
Confined Space Entry Training
At CommTank, our goal is to define preventative safety measures and maintain them as a continuously evolving process. We aim to mitigate the risk of working with fuel while providing quality service. In the unlikely event rescue is required, our crew performs annual emergency rescue drills and a custom safety plan is developed for every tank entry project.
By employing safe practices, we strive to protect our employees, the environment, and the communities we serve.
Responsible handling of hazardous materials
Agencies such as your local Fire Department and Department of the Environmental Protection require copies of disposal records from licensed recycling facilities. Because we pull permits for every job there is a record of all material that we remove and dispose of and we retain those records after your project is complete. If a real estate sale, insurance policy application or bank financing inquiry requires this information we can provide copies of permits, hazardous waste manifests and tank disposal records. Not all contractors provide this service so ask about disposal tracking and record handling procedures before choosing a company to do your next job.
CommTank also employs staff with the following certifications and licenses:
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) #15631
- API 653 – American Petroleum Institute AST Inspector #43895
- Steel Tank Institute - Aboveground Tank Inspector #31609
- Office of the State Fire Marshall – Inspector 2009-011
- ICC U1 Certification – UST Installation/Retrofitting #8166331
- ICC U2 Certification – UST Decommissioning #8166331
- ICC U4 Certification - UST Cathodic Protection #8166331
- ICC U5 Certification - AST Installation/Retrofitting #8166331
- State Approved Third Party Inspector (Underground Storage Tanks) #1083
- Veeder Root Certification – Installation of UST Monitoring Systems #B36255
- Massachusetts-Certified Class A-B Underground Storage Tank (UST) Operator #43518871
- Pneumercator Technical Certification
- Estabrook Ezy 3 Locater Plus Certification – Tank Testing
- Magnetic Particle Tester Level I/II
- DOT Certified Cargo Tank Inspector
- City of Boston, Board of Examiners – G-12 License #B18432
- Department of Public Safety - Oil Burner Certificate #031220
- Department of Public Safety - Hoisting Engineer License #100698
- Department of Conservation and Recreation – Well Drillers Registration #892-M
- Department of Environmental Protection – Waste Water Treatment Operator #11565
- Home Improvement Contractor (MGL142A) #170504
- IEE – Environmental Site Assessments; Phase I #01-4260-129-19250
- ISGHA – Accredited Installer
- EPA - Refrigerant Transition and Recovery #028620560